Hi friends! ☀️ It’s JANUARY!
I hope you will all have a wonderful, wonderful 2020 filled with love, happiness, kindness and all the books!
3/6 months left of winter and seasonal depression.
That’s my mood, summed up, basically.
December has been all kinds of complicated. In case you’re not aware, there have been massive strikes in France all thorough the month, making me wake up extra early and go home extra late, just to be able to go to work. This has made me anxious and stressed out all thorough the month, from not being certain to be able to get to work to not being certain to do my usual 562 km across France for the end of the year.
December hasn’t been too kind and I’m tired, that’s all. 3 months left and it’s spring again here on this side of the world and I can’t wait.
I haven’t managed to read a whole damn lot this month either, which made me feel… well, a little disappointed in myself, I’m not going to lie. I also know that reasonably, I still read a lot despite it all and with the time I had, but well. Doing my best, I guess.
📖 Books I read
WHEN THE STARS LEAD TO YOU ☂️ I kind of fell in love with this book and I’m just so, so happy I read it and hope you will ALL read it. It was beautiful and heartbreaking and important and I love it.
THE SPEAKER ☂️ Okay so this series is way too underrated and you should read it. This second book was stunning and complex and this series gets more and more amazing.
TWEET CUTE ☂️ I found this way too adorable and it made me smile a whole damn lot and YES to this.
HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW? ☂️ I love Holly Bourne. I love how unapologetically REAL her books are and feel and don’t shy away from…. well, life. Read Holly Bourne’s books OKAY.
- Goodreads Challenge: 75/60 books 🔥I think I kind of rocked my reaching challenge this year?? I’m pretty proud that I managed to succeed at this and to read more books than I ever did, my record being 73 books. I’m trying not to think too much about numbers, but allowing myself to be proud, too.
- Year of The Asian Reading Challenge: 10/10 books ! I MADE IT!!!
📖 Currently reading
I’m still deep into edits for my WIP, trying to make this draft 4 a readable and hopefully good one. I haven’t settled down with my writing as much as I would have liked to, but I’m doing my very best to pay more attention and to write a little more each month, too.
Otherwise I will never, ever finish this draft.
- Words written: 11 455
I guess my mood affected my blogging a tiny bit, even if no one probably felt it.
I managed to keep up with my usual posting dates for the most part and I’m really happy about it. I also LOVED writing all of the end of the year blog posts and most anticipated blog posts and I am hoping that this motivation about these kind of posts will seep into the new year and into new blog posts this January. Fingers crossed!
📖 Book reviews
Click on the book covers to be redirected to my reviews.
📚 Book discussions & tags
As usual, I’ve been cruelly slacking on the blog hopping and commenting part. I adore you all and wish I could do more, I’m sorry. Here is my little selection of the month, hoping you’ll enjoy it!
📚 Books & Reading
- Olivia @ Purely Olivia is sharing 12 Books That Will Give You All the Cozy Fall Feels (Even Though It’s Almost Over)
- Laura @ Green Tea & Paperbacks shared an amazing blog post with 67 Very Exciting 2020 YA Releases
- Noémie @ Tempest of Books wrote a great blog post I loved: The memories I made reading while growing up 🌼
- Veronika @ Wordy and Whimsical made me discover some amazing books in her blog post: Unattractive Book Covers That Hide Fantastic Stories
- Caro @ Book Cheshire Cat shares with us her first reading challenge and it sounds AWESOME : Out of Your Comfort Zone 2020 Reading Challenge Announcement 💗
💻 Book Blogging
- Caitlin @ Caitlin Althea wrote an incredible how to post: What Makes me Keep Reading a Post? + Tips on How to Implement those Things!
- Kal @ Reader Voracious is being her amazing self again and sharing her INCREDIBLE Book Blogger / Reader Spreadsheet Template (2020)
📝 Writing, Lifestyle & Other Posts I Loved
- Nicole @ Thoughts Stained With Ink wrote a wonderful blog post about writing: Today, I’m Thankful For Writing
- Sophie @ Me and Ink gave some amazing tips in her blog post How To Improve Next Year? 🗓️
Is there a blog post you are particularily proud of this month? Feel free to send it along with your comment!
How was your December? Did you have a great month? Anything exciting happening or anything you’re looking forward to? Share something positive that happened to you this December?
What were your favorite books this month? Are you ready for a New Year to start? Tell me everything in comments!