First of all, Welcome to Drizzle & Hurricane Books! I’m really glad to see you’re interested in working with this blog. Before heading into technical details, a little presentation should be in order, just to see if you’re in the right place! 🙂
Drizzle & Hurricane Books was founded in late 2014 by Marie, a writing and communications graduate in love with young adult books. On this blog, you will find a lot of bookish talks, mostly focused on young adult books: book reviews, book discussions, special features and so on.
Occasionally, you will also be able to read other content such as traveling diaries, writing and others of life’s explorations in collaboration with Marie’s perfect sister you will find under the name Nyx.
What can I do for you?
📖 Book reviews
Whether you’re an author, publisher or publicist, I would happily consider your book for review. For me to consider your request, please continue on reading the quick guidelines below.
- Young Adult Books only.
- Accepting a lot of sub-genres : personal preference for contemporary, but I also consider for reviews fantasy, science-fiction, paranormal, dystopia.
- I both accept for review physical and digital copies. Before sending a physical copy, you should note that I am living in France.
My reviewing way
- You can be certain to get my honest and unbiaised opinion about the book you send out for review. Whether I enjoyed it or not, I always try to be as constructive as I can in every single of my reviews.
- I use stars-ratings, for details about my rating system, head over to this page.
- All my reviews will include details on the book: author, title, synopsis, cover, publication date and a link to its Goodreads page.
- All of my reviews are cross-posted on Goodreads and promoted on social media (Twitter). If you want me to cross-post it elsewhere, let me know.
- ARCs and early copies of books reviews won’t be reviewed on the blog before the month of its publication at best, most likely reviewed in a time-frame of one/two weeks prior or after the release date.
Not all requests will be accepted. I deal with requests in case-by-case and due to the amount of emails I can get, please be patient. If you’re not following any of the guidelines stated above, you might not get an answer from me at all. Please read carefully so that none of us loses our time 😊
You wish to send your book or your client’s book for review on Drizzle & Hurricane Books? Find all of my contact info right here.
💼 Bookish promotion & partnerships with publishers
Aside from book reviews, we can consider another kind of fun post for you to promote your books on my blog. I won’t be accepting guest posts though.
If you are a publisher or a publicist and think that both the books you’re promoting and the ones I talk about on my blog are a good fit, we can discuss partnership options, including book reviews, book features and special promotions.
E-mail me to chat about it!
🎁 Hosting giveaways
I am also opened to hosting giveaways for books on the blog. Please note that I am only opened to hosting giveaways for books fitting my preferences stated above, meaning young adult books only.
You, as the sponsor of the giveaway, may choose the entries and prices available. As an international reader myself, please note that I will be open to host giveaways that are opened internationally only, as I believe in giving the chances to readers all across the world to read books. Some solutions to ship books internationally include online websites such as Book Depository, Wordery…
Once the giveaway is over and the winner has been picked, you are responsible for the shipping. I am not responsible, should the book be lost in the mail.
You would like to host a giveaway on Drizzle & Hurricane Books? Feel free to email me to chat about it!
👍 Why you should work with Drizzle & Hurricane Books
- Hit the right target : with a specialization in young adult books
- A great, loyal and highly engaged audience on all bookish subjects and interests.
🏆 Drizzle & Hurricane Books has been recognized by the book blogging community !
Book Bloggers Awards 2018 Winner in two categories:
- Best young adult book blogger,
- Best discussion posts.
📈 Drizzle & Hurricane Books in numbers
Last update: June 25th, 2019.
- More than 700 blog posts, more than 150 000 views and more than 45 000 comments in total.
9 600+ followers // 6 000+ pageviews per month // 2300 followers on twitter.
- Find all of my social media accounts here:
Want detailed statistics on Drizzle & Hurricane Books’ and the blog’s reach? Feel free to contact me!
📚 Drizzle & Hurricane Books’ partners
Over the course of the years, I have been lucky enough to work alongside some incredible authors and publishers and some of the content and reviews published here have been made possible thanks to them.
To know more about the blog, get behind the scenes numbers and more, feel free to head over to my contact page.
Please note that book blogging is a hobby done on the side of working full-time and handling other life’s happenings and it might take me a couple days to answer. If I don’t answer within a week, feel free to send me a follow-up email (if your request fits everything stated in this policy above, obviously).
I am not compensated in any way for my book reviews or any other content coming up on the blog.
I would love to hear from you – send me an email so we can start chatting books!