Hello friends, happy Wednesday and happy May! Is it just me, or is this year now going way too fast?!
April and spring finally came and went away. I was eagerly waiting for some sunshine and boy, we got it, with temperatures way higher than we are supposed to get in that month, but I can’t really complain.
I really wish I had more interesting things to say, but not much has happened in the month of April worth mentioning. I started the month 600 km away from home for the long weekend, but despite that little travelling getaway, I spent the month at work, trying to cope with everything happening all at once and everything suddenly falling onto me.
I really, really need a summer break.
OH NO WAIT. SOMETHING HAPPENED. It was my sister’s birthday on the 16th and you might have ran into her on this blog, since she posts once a month and is doing an amazing job. Also, just WISH HER A VERY HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY okay, to be honest I would loooooooooose my mind blogging if she weren’t here, so, there’s that. Happy birthday again, twinnie, best sister ever.
I’m hopeful for May, though, since we got quite a couple bank holidays here in France during this month, one where I’ll hopefully rest a little bit more, one where I’ll spend another quick couple days away from home and another one where I have no idea what I will end up doing. I guess we will see how things go.
A little spring month over on instagram:
Hello, I am 5 books ahead on my Goodreads challenge and I still feel like I’m not reading enough?? Book bloggers’ lives are hard. Still I feel pretty lucky to have read great books again this month.
Books I read
It was a fun read with great family vibes, even if it missed a bit of… something more for me to love it. You can already read my full review here.
I am a marshmallow and I LOVED THIS SO MUCH?? Buddy-read with the best Kat @ Life & Other Disasters. My full review’s up here!
A sweet and fun contemporary with GREAT father-daughter vibes, exactly my thing. Full review here!
Yeah, I should totally get rid of that category at some point. I still want to write and I still want to edit my WIP, but I haven’t found the light just yet, despite reading about editing, trying to stare at my WIP and I don’t know, trying. I’m still and forever disappointed in myself about that. Someday I’ll manage to actually do something, but for now it’s just a bit, well, nothing is happening.
Click on the book covers to be redirected to my reviews.
Book blogging discussions
Hello, my name is Marie and I can’t stop reading book blogs all month long. I wanted to feature so many blog posts in this month’s wrap-up, but…. I tried to control myself.
On reading and other discussions about books
- Swetlana@ The Caffeinated Bookworm talked about 8 Reasons To Read Backlist Titles
- Lois @ My Midnight Musing talked about Why I Don’t Set TBRs
- The Pixie Chronicles mentioned 8 types of diversity books need more of
- Elizabeth @ RedGal Musings talked about Goodreads Reviews vs Blog Reviews // How They’re Different & Why
- Beth @ Reading Every Night asks : Do You Feel You Have to Buy Books to be a “Good” Blogger?
- Marta @ The Cursed Books asks : Are trigger warnings important?
- allonsythornraxx OKAY, BUT WHY DO WE HATE BOOK-TO-MOVIE ADAPTATIONS, AGAIN??? // Let’s agree to disagree
- Kat @ Life & Other Disasters talks about tv shows and books in her Famous In Love: Book vs. TV Show
- Aimee @ Aimee Reads tells us What to Include in Contemporary Books with POC Characters
- Resh Susan @ The Book Satchel tells us How to Read 20 Books in One Month + My Personal Reading Schedule
- Pam @ Reverie Society writes a BRILLIANT DISCUSSION: Is there such thing as too much bookishness in our lives?
On book blogging
- May @ Forever & Everly shares; 4 Things that Stress Me Out (a Lot) as a Blogger + an Obviously Cure-all List of Things to Do to Lessen the Pressure
- Sim @ Flipping Through the Pages shares a new post in her blogging 101 series about Staying Legal Part 2 | Why and How of Writing a Blog’s Disclaimer
- Clara @ The Bookworm of Notre Dame shares How she balances book life, school life and work life
- Lashaan @ Bookidote asks us Why Do You Review?
- Avalinah @ Avalinah’s Books asks herself if We Create Too Much Content?
- @ We Live And Breathe Books talks about Review Pressure
How was April for you? Did you have a great month? Anything positive happened to you?
What was your favorite book this month? Let’s chat in comments!