Hello everyone! How are you guys? How was your month?! Are you on holidays or still working? I already got one week of holidays and now I have one week of work before the big summer break. I’m SO looking forward to it! I’m coming back this month with a sweet dessert recipe and a cute romance movie. You’re intrigued? You wanna know more about it? Just keep reading 😊
NYX IS COOKING 🏡
I’m coming back with a brand new recipe for you sweet tooths! This dessert is super easy to make and seriously so elegant and gorgeous you’re not even sure you will want to mess it up by eating it haha. But please DO because it’s delicious. Let me introduce you to…apple rose puffed pastries!
LET’S BAKE !
1. Prepare a bowl with some water and lemon juice. Cut the apples in half, remove the core and cut the apples in paper thin slices. Leave the peel so it will give the red color to your roses. Right away, place the sliced apples in the bowl with the lemon and water, so that they won’t change color ;
2. Microwave the apples in the bowl, for about 5 minutes, to make them slightly softer. If you prefer, you can also simmer the apple slices in the water in a small pan (on the stove) ;
3. Unwrap the puff pastry over a clean and lightly floured counter. Using a rolling pin stretch the dough a little, trying to keep it in a rectangular shape. Cut the dough in 6 strips ;
4. In a bowl, place three tablespoons of apricot preserve with two tablespoons of water. Microwave for about 1 minute, so that the preserve will be easier to spread. Spread the preserve on the dough ;
5. Drain the apples and place 7-9 apple slices along one half of the pastry slice with the peel side facing out. Sprinkle with cinnamon if you’d like ;
6. Fold up the bottom part of the dough. ;
7. Carefully roll, seal the edge, and place in a silicone muffin cup. Make sure to grease if it isn’t silicone ;
8. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for about 40-45 minutes, until fully cooked. If after 30 minutes the apples on top look fully cooked, move the pan to a lower rack in the oven, and wait for 10-15 more minutes to avoid undercooking the puff pastry.
Ta-da! Gorgeous little apple rose pastries to wow your family and friends with. You can serve them warm with a little vanilla ice cream. Yum yum!
NYX IS WATCHING 📺
This month, I’ve decided to talk about a movie instead of a tv show. Hope you’ll still like it! So basically, I’m a sucker for rom-coms and I think this one is easily in my top 5. About Time is filled with emotion and poignancy. It’s witty, intelligent and the story will stay with you long after you’ve turned off your tv. Plus, who doesn’t adore Rachel McAdams?!
WHAT’S THE STORYLINE? 📝
Tim is a young man from Cornwall, England. He grew up in a house by the sea with his father, his mother, his uncle and his sister. At the age of 21, he discovers that the men of his family have a special gift : the ability to travel in time. This gift has only one constraint : they can only travel to places and times they have been before. After his father discourages Tim to use this ability to acquire money or fame, he decides that he will use it to improve his love life.
WHY YOU SHOULD WATCH ABOUT TIME 🎥
From the director of Love Actually, this movie sure raises some expectations and I must say I wasn’t disappointed. Reading the plot, I was pleasantly surprised that it was a romantic story but not at all like the others. In fact, the time traveling aspect fits well and adds some really funny scenes. About Time balances between comedy and drama and you find yourself really caring about the characters. It isn’t too sappy or sentimental, it’s actually very thought provoking. Seriously, who has never wished to go back in time and change things ? Watch it with someone you love and don’t forget your box of tissues.