Hi guys! It’s already been a month?! I guess so ’cause here I am again! How are you? How was your month? I wanna know everything. I’ve been super busy with work and I just can’t wait for July to enjoy some well-deserved holidays. So today I chose a perfect recipe for a buffet between friends. With summer on its way, I don’t know about you but it feels really good to eat outside ! But let’s face it, there are also rainy days during this wonderful time of the year, so here’s a thrilling tv show that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
NYX IS COOKING 🏡
I’m coming back with a brand new recipe for you guys and this time it’s not for sweet tooths. If like me, you love to invite friends over and have a nice buffet dinner, just keep reading. This recipe is always impressing everyone and you don’t need to be an expert at cooking. Let me introduce you to…stuffed baguette ! Yeah, it doesn’t sound so yummy but I can assure you that you’ll devour it and that all of your guests are gonna ask you for the recipe.
LET’S COOK !
1. First of all, you need to prep this on the eve of your big dinner, it works really well as an aperitif, for a buffet or a picnic ;
2. Place eggs in saucepan, add cold water to cover eggs, heat over high heat just to boiling and remove from burner ;
3. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl (pickles, ham, cream cheese, eggs, gruyere) ;
4. Cut the baguette in length, remove the inside of bread and fill in with the mixture ;
5. Wrap tightly the baguette in aluminium foil and put it in the oven for about 20 minutes ;
6. Let it rest for 30 minutes before putting it in the fridge until the next morning ;
7. Cut the baguette in slices (not too thin or the slices will just fall apart!) and there you go, it’s ready to be eaten (cold or tepid) !
NYX IS WATCHING 📺
I’m not that fond of creepy and scary tv shows, I’ll admit it…I’m more a marshmallow kind of girl ! But since the trailer came out, I’ve been really curious about this one show in particular…the 100 ! The plot really intrigued me and it was something I would gladly read about. So I decided to give it a try and well…I’m totally hooked !
WHAT’S THE STORYLINE? 📝
The series is set 97 years after a nuclear war wiped out almost all life on Earth. The only known survivors are living on 12 space stations – called together “The Ark” – in Earth’s orbit. Resources are scarces and, in a program called “The 100”, one hundred juvenile delinquents are send back to Earth in hopes of possibly re-populating the planet. We follow a group of teens as they attempt to survive in this planet they have only seen from space. Confronting both the wonders and the dangers of this new world, they struggle to form a community and they soon discover that not all humanity was wiped out – some survived the war…
10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD WATCH THE 100 🎥
- With tons of plot twists, it keeps you on the edge of your seat,
- The dynamics between characters and the evolution of each one,
- Great backdrops and locations to admire,
- Its portrayal of powerful and strong female characters,
- A version of the future that leaves you craving to know more about,
- A mix between the past and the present with well-thought flashbacks, always keeping you guessing,
- Very original, thrilling & fast-moving sci-fi storyline,
- Nobody is entirely good nor bad, everything is shades of grey and it makes the characters believable in their motivations,
- A well-thought playlist, the music matches perfectly with moments you’re watching on screen,
- BELLAMY. Really, did you SEE that guy? I’d watch the show for him alone !