Hi everyone! How are you? I know summer is over, now -well, for my part, as I live in France… you’re lucky, Australian people! :)-, but, whenever’s the time, who doesn’t need a little sun and warm, a little summer somedays? Well, I most certainly do, especially now that I’m back in class. (Yes, you can hear me letting out a sigh, all the way down to Australia, I’m sure…)
Anyways, moving on to this summer-y post today, The Summer Reader Book Tag! I have to thank the sweet Analee @ Booksnacksblog for nominating me for this great tag! Let’s see what my answers are…
1. Lemonade: pick a book that started off bitter but got better.
I would have to say The Maze Runner, as Analee already did in her post, because I can completely relate to that. I loved this story, but I had a hard time getting into it, at first.
2. Golden Sun: pick a book that made you smile beyond compare.
I’m not the first one to pick this book, but, how can it be different? Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda most certainly is one of those rare books that made me smile from the first page.
3. Tropical Flowers: pick a book set in a foreign country.
Hm, since I’m French, I’m not going to pick up Anna and the French Kiss, ahah 🙂 A Thousand Pieces of You was set in Russia, in England (London)…and I really enjoyed that!
4. Tree Shade: pick a book in which a mysterious or shady character was first introduced.
Mysterious? Shady? This kind of makes me think about Warner, from the Shatter Me series, in the first book obviously. He was so intriguing and impossible to figure out.
5. Beach Sand: pick a book that was grainy, and the plot barely developed.
I’m thinking about The Here and Now (sorry about that). I couldn’t get into the story, and the plot really wasn’t enough crafted for me to really enjoy it.
6. Green Grass: pick a character(s) that were full of life, making you smile.
I could go with Simon again, but there’s a character I’d love to mention for this: Jamie Roth, from the Mara Dyer series. This guy is just so funny and always has the best comebacks.
7. Watermelon: pick a book that had some juicy secrets.
We were liars perfectly fits in this category…even if this story didn’t work on some people, it certainly did for me, and damn. Some juicy secrets are between those pages.
8. Sun Hat: pick a book that had a vast, big universe/setting.
Let’s Get Lost, or Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour are taking us across some different states of the US. They both are perfect if you’re looking for a sweet contemporary book to get away for a while!
10. Summer Fun: pass the tag on.
For this one, I’m going to tag every single one of you who didn’t do this one yet! If you need a little summer in your posts, and in your life, then get your sun hat and sunglasses out, and participate in this fun tag right away! 🙂