Hi guys! How are you in this lovely month of December? Is your city all dressed up? Is your christmas menu already all planned out? Are you enjoying your advent calendar? Yes, christmas is here and where I live we go all out with the shiny decorations and the little traditions. It’s very cold oustide and it’s getting very hard to get out of bed to go to work!
Enough with the small talk, I’m back today with a new article. Who’s excited? My topic will interest a few I think because I’ll talk about the Gilmore Girls revival! I gotta warn you though, if you haven’t see it yet…stop what you’re doing and go see it RIGHT NOW! And then you can come back and read my review (because yes there are spoilers!).
NYX IS WATCHING 📺
I only started watching Gilmore Girls very recently, yes I know shame on me! Everyone was recommending me that show, plus I didn’t have anything to watch anymore so I gave it a try. And…I got HOOKED! It was sweet and funny and just really really good. When I learned that there was going to be a revival, I was so happy because I wasn’t quite ready to say goodbye to Lorelai and Rory. Of course, a part of me was kind of scared because I really liked the end of season 7 but hell I was going to watch it, there was no doubt there.
Since I’m a sucker for lists, I decided to give you my opinion with what I enjoyed on one side and the little details that annoyed me on the other side. I know a lot of people were disappointed by the revival, they felt like it was too dark and they didn’t feel like they were back in Stars Hollows. But for me, the Gilmore Girls revival deserves an A !
IT WAS AWESOME
1. All the scenes between Lorelai and Rory, felt so good to get back to that great dynamic.
2. The storyline was true to the messiness of life. Happy moments and more confusing times well mixed.
3. Paris still felt like Paris, which was great. Same for Michel!
4. Emily’s unexpected abandonment of “the way things are done” is refreshing and entertaining.
5. Lorelai’s story about her favorite moment with Richard, bring all the tissues!
6. Loved the idea of Rory’s book.
7. JESS! Those Rory/Jess scenes were on point, the dialogue authentic. I needed more!
8. The scene with Lorelai and Luke FINALLY agreeing to get married and the wedding…the whole thing was SO sweet.
IT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER
1. Rory has a boyfriend of 2 years that she keeps forgetting about and cheat on with Logan. Not cool girl!
2. No storyline for Lane, I would have loved to know more about her.
3. Rory being the other woman with Logan, it was bad enough with Dean. She deserves so much more.
4. Too many musical bits.
5. THE LAST FOUR WORDS. WHY? Did Rory really make a child with an engaged man? Is she really going to raise it all by herself? I guess the writers wanted to go full circle but seriously what kind of cliffhanger is that?!