Hello everyone! How are you guys? Did you spend a great month? Getting back to work or school wasn’t too hard? Yeah I know, I miss summer too! It’s getting kinda cold over here and I’m already missing my dresses and flip flops!
Anyway, I’m back today with a brand new article. First, I’ll talk about the latest Bridget Jones movie. And then…*drumrolls please* I will introduce you to a yummy and perfect birthday cake recipe. Keep on reading folks!
NYX IS WATCHING 📺
As a huge chick flicks kind of gal, I couldn’t miss the latest Bridget Jones movie. I’m not really into sequels cause I’m always scared that they mess it up real bad and you know sometimes you just gotta stop and end it while it’s good! Well, I assure you that this movie is just delightful, funny and romantic. If you haven’t seen the previous movies, I recommend you to watch them first before heading to the movies.
For those who have no idea what I’m talking about, Bridget Jones’s Baby is a 2016 British-American romantic comedy film directed by Sharon Maguire and written by Helen Fielding, Dan Mazer and Emma Thompson, based on the fictional columns by Fielding. It’s the third film in the franchise and it stars Renée Zellweger as Bridget Jones.
10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD WATCH BRIDGET JONES’S BABY
1. Great soundtrack ;
2. The London scenery ;
3. Funny and sharp ;
4. Strong cast ;
5. Perfect for a girls night out ;
6. A pleasing cameo from Ed Sheeran ;
7. A welcomed sense of nostalgia for those who have watched the previous ones ;
8. A feel-good kind of movie ;
9. Just the right amount of weepy bits ;
10. Far from perfect, Bridget is a very relatable character who you can easily root for.
NYX IS BAKING 🍴
As you all must know by now, it was my sister’s birthday a week ago and for the occasion I decided to bake her the most delicious birthday cake ever! What’s better than chocolate, kit kats and smarties? Well, a chocolate cake with kit kats and smarties. You’re suddenly hungry, right?
LET’S BAKE !
1. Preheat the oven to 160 ° ;
2. Separate egg whites from yolks, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt ;
3. In a bowl, mix the butter with the sugar and almond powder ;
4. Add the egg yolks and fresh cream ;
5. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler ;
6. When it is melted, remove from heat and let cool ;
7. Add it to the contents of the bowl ;
8. Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder, add them to the previous mixture ;
9. Finally gently stir the egg whites ;
10. Pour the mixture into a pan, bake 30 min ;
11. Let cool, then unmold onto a rack ;
12. (Prepare 1 hour before serving) ;
13. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, set aside ;
14. Mix together the butter and mascarpone, add the icing sugar ;
15. Add the melted chocolate and continue beating ;
16. Cover the cake with the frosting ;
17. Cut the kit kats to obtain bars of the height of the cake, place them all around the cake ;
18. Decorate the top of the cake with smarties.