Hi guys! It’s been a little while, and I think it’s time for another tag, what do you say? I was tagged by Becca, from Becca and Books, to answer these really fun questions. Thank you Becca, go check out her blog right away! 🙂 There it is for my answers!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I always have a lot of books on my TBR. It depends mostly on what I’m in the mood for, I guess !
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
It depends of the book. If it has great reviews, or someone adviced me to read it, I will stay committed. Maybe the little spark will come at the end, who knows. However, if I’m just not feeling it, I will probably stop reading it. It mainly depends on how I feel it.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I don’t think so. It’s my first year setting a Goodreads Challenge, and so far I’m 3 books ahead of schedule, so I think I’m pretty good for now. However, I don’t want to feel pressures to read a lot, so if I get behind, I will just go on at my rhythm.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
If it’s a serie I absolutely love, I won’t cope with that : why would I ever have covers that don’t match?
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
First of all, I’d say my sister, since she has the same taste in books than me (that’s pretty amazing.). And my fellow bloggers, too !
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I don’t, I just, let the tears flow. And hm, nevermind the awkward looks I get. Let me tell you : I read Allegiant in the train. There were people. I cried, an awful lot, but whatever! If you cry, it means it’s just, that good!
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book?
It depends on the book. Sometimes, I’m too lazy and I will just read reviews on Goodreads, book discussions about it, to trigger some memories. If it’s a book I absolutely loved, I will re-read it. That’s what I did for the Mara Dyer series.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I don’t share my books? No, ahah, honestly, I don’t know, sometimes I will share my books and just be okay with it, but when it’s a book I love, or when some people just return it messed-up, I just don’t let them borrow anymore. That’s all.
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I read quotes, loads and loads of them, from amazing books I loved. I get a book I know I want to read, a lot, a book I absolutely could not put down. And I just read. I kind of never had an off -period, reading wise. Guess I’m lucky? 🙂
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
As much as I would love to buy ALL THE BOOKS, I don’t think my money will follow, ahah. I just try and choose the ones I want to read the most, and get them first. I’d get probably four or five of them.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Not long at all! When I buy books, it’s usually before I’m done with all the other books I bought last, and needed to read. So, when I’m done with the one I’m reading, I just take the next one!
That was really fun to answer, thank you for tagging me! As for my nominees…to be honest, I would love to have ALL of you answering these very same questions. I’m very curious, so, tell me everything ! 🙂