Hello friends, happy Friday and happy December! Today is supposed to be reviewing day, but what the h*ll, I am changing things up every once in a while, so… here goes for everything you might have missed this month!
I ended October and started off November in a great way: by being away from the blog for a week, off work and traveling a couple days with the people I love. I had a really great time and was reminded by how much I just love traveling and, well… being on holidays, ahah.
Otherwise, it was a pretty non-eventful month. Work, sleep, read, blog is basically my motto at the moment, ahah. It’s getting colder and colder and I really hate winter, making working-days a teensy bit longer and weekends shorter than ever. Have I mentioned how much I HATE winter? I just wish I could skip all these months and go straight to March of next year.
As always, I’m ending this small recap with my instagram pictures of the month. Pictures from Heidelberg, where I went traveling, food and home.
Remember in October, when I said I wouldn’t buy books until Christmas? Well… I actually managed NOT to buy a single book this November. WHO AM I. Also, I won’t hold on until Christmas anyway, but I am pretty proud of myself right now.
I had quite THE contemporary month when it comes to reading, I think I might need more fantasy for the months to come, you know, in order not to get into a reading slump or something. I don’t really know if I can, I love contemporary so much I could probably read that a whole lot longer, but… I like changing things up. IF YOU HAVE RECOMMENDATIONS, send them my way!
Books I read
What a surprise, it’s a John Green book and I loved it. You can already read my full review here.
It had been a while since I got SO disappointed in a book. Layover had the potential to be a fun read, but the relationship was a MASSIVE NO NO NO and I didn’t connect with the characters. Ugh. Full review coming soon!
Last you’ve heard of my writing, NaNoWriMo time was coming around and I said I would try and edit my WIP.
Pretty much nothing happened since then #oops. I’m really hoping to have something to say by next month for this, but December, winter, Christmas and new year coming… well, it might not work out. Or it might. Maybe I should just give up? I don’t know. I’m just confused lately.
Or I might end up writing something completely different. You know, take out the thousand ideas I have drafted somewhere on my computer…. Hm. That sounds like something I’d want to do right now.
I celebrated my THREE YEARS of blogging this month – on November 29th, actually – and I am feeling a bit weird about it, but mostly proud to have sticked around for so long. I am also hosting an amazing giveaway for one of my latest favorite book, it runs until Sunday so don’t forget to ENTER HERE! (yes, it is international. obviously).
- On blogging stats, letting them define us, popularity and so on.
- Celebrating THREE YEARS of blogging!
Here it goes again, time to share a little bit of love. Here’s a glimpse of some posts I really loved reading this month. There are SO MANY POSTS, it’s so hard to choose. If you let me, I’ll write a 2 000 word blog post with everything I loved each month someday. SO many cool and talented bloggers.
- Shannon talked about the Seasons of Book Blogging. Whether you’re new or old to this, you’ll recognize these phases, I AM SURE OF IT.
- Valerie shows us some GORGEOUS book covers of amazing releases you will want and need to add to your TBR right this second.
- Cait zooms on a couple of YA tropes and mentions why and how they’re not always that bad.
- Ioana talks about common types of authors….I know the one I aspire to be. Do you?!
- Sophie is back (YAY!!) and telling us all about her trip to China.
- Marta shares the struggles of international book bloggers and oh, how I can relate to them all.
- May is being SO POSITIVE about blogging and I LOVE IT. We all need to be like that.
- Shana asks us if we read reviews before buying our books. My answer is, aerm…yes.
How was November for you? Did you have a great, fun month, or not so good?
What was your favorite book this month? Did you buy books or do you manage to have some self-control? (I don’t). Are you ready for Christmas to come?! Let’s chat in comments!