Good morning, good afternoon, good evening friends, happy Saturday! I hope you had a great week and overall a good month. Today I’m back to wrapping up my month with books, life happenings and other fun things. OR not. Keep on reading if you’re curious!
March has been slow and uneventful. I have been tired, depressed, okay again, more tired and overall in a sort of life-slump at times. Well, it’s been, life, I guess.
If March has been a hellish long month, I’m thrilled that we are now entering April. April means spring, light jackets and sunshine and more exciting things planned with my sister’s birthday coming up and a little weekend away to celebrate, discover a new city and bookshops and loads of stuff. SO I AM EXCITED ABOUT IT. Finally fun times are coming.
I should rename this the part where I mention the books I read but failed to review because I am forever oh-so late with all of the reviews. ANYWAY, I would say it has been a pretty good month in terms of reading.
Books I read
Cute, original, realistic.
Read my full review right here.
Full review coming this Friday!
I think writing has been going, well, just like life has been this past month, so pretty uneventful and kind of boring. I had a massive writing block at the beginning of the month and an overall bleh feeling about my story and where this was going. I think I’m getting slowly out of it and enjoying writing again. I am at 35 K which means I wrote 7 K this month, so about 1 K a week. I think I might be doing very sloooowly but okay.
That month has been a LOT of fun in terms of blogging – I had a blast changing up lots of things with my new domain name and design, I definitely think it was a nice boost. Without further ado, here are the posts you might have missed!
- Optimists Die First, Susin Nielsen
- The Inexplicable Logic of My Life, Benjamin Alire Saenz
- A million worlds with you, Claudia Gray
- Wildly into the dark, Tyler Knott Gregson
- Zenn Diagram, Wendy Brant
- Why do characters matter so much?
- How much time do I spend blogging?
- Why I love traveling as much as I love books
- On Blogging Envy
- The series and novellas trend
Bookish tags & other fun posts
- TV Show Edition : A virgin, some royalty and an unfortunate exchange
Other news & in the next months…
This is kind of an here and there category, but I have a couple of things to share, exciting events that does not fit in the previous categories.
- The first issue of the Stay Bookish Zine, an e-zine entirely dedicated to young adult books, has been released on the 20th of March. I am a writer for this e-zine and a bit in charge of marketing as well. This has been a time-consuming but very exciting project and if you haven’t read it yet, I hope that you will. Obviously I wrote about the two loves of my life, blogging and traveling (and books. OF COURSE).
- My #SFATW feature, where I want to reunite book bloggers and such, will probably be back in the next month if I can make it work – I already prepared a couple of things and hopefully lots of bloggers will want to contribute with a fun blog post to get to know each other better and share the love. More on that later on 😉
How was your month? How many books did you read, and which one was your favorite? What’s one positive thing that happened to you this March?
Let’s chat in comments!