Hello friends, how are you? How’s your week so far? What wonderful book are you reading today? Let me know, we can never have too many book recommendations, right?
Today is book tag day, and I was tagged by the sweet Mariana @ Book is Glee to do the Dim Sum book tag! So, I think that I’ve actually never eaten this… Should I hide in shame? Should I eat this RIGHT NOW? Well, right now, after doing this tag, obviously. There’s no better combo than FOOD AND BOOKS.
1. TEA: A BOOK THAT STARTED OFF HOT BUT QUICKLY TURNED COLD
Magonia was one of those books I was so excited to read, and when I got into it, I was half saying, oh, this is good and promising, and half wondering just what the hell was going on. I think, in the end, it wasn’t really for me. Too bad for such a promising start.
2. CHIU CHOW DUMPLING: A BOOK THAT FEATURES ELEMENTS OF LAND AND SEA
Hm, right now I can only think about The Summer I Turned Pretty series? I mean, it takes place in a summer house close to the beach, so that counts, right. Plus, it’s such a guilty pleasure, I love that series so much.
3. RICE NOODLE ROLL: A FAVORITE MULTI-LAYERED CHARACTER YOU’VE READ (I.E. TRAITS? SKILLS?MORALLY AMBIGUOUS?)
I want to talk about Elyse from The Summer of Chasing Mermaids, because she was such a wonderful AND diverse character. (And because yes, I NEED SUMMER to come soon) She certainly had way more things to say than she sadly could, and, the more I got into the story, the more I discovered her and how great she was. A must-read if you like contemporary.
4. SHRIMP DUMPLING: A BOOK WITH A TRANSPARENT BLURB THAT GIVES THE STORY AWAY
I don’t know if it really gives the whole story away, but right now the only book I can think about is 99 days. Because well, when you read the synopsis, you expect certain things to happen, and certain mistakes to be done. And yes it happens. And yes it is ANNOYING.
5. STEAMED BBQ PORK BUNS: A BOOK THAT IS FLUFFY ON THE OUTSIDE BUT PACKS A PUNCH OF FLAVOR (E.G. MESSAGE? DEPTH? CONTROVERSY?)
I recently read and loved #Scandal, and I kind of want to go with that one for that question. It seems kind of fluffy, from the synopsis, and cliché -I mean, a girl in love with her bestfriend’s boyfriend? BUT it was so good, and definitely tackled some important issues such as social medias, rumors, slut shaming and everything.
6. CHICKEN FEET: A BOOK WITH DIVIDED OPINIONS
Hm, maybe I’ll go with, We were liars. I loved that book, I was completely thrown off by THAT ENDING, yet there are a lot of people who didn’t fell for it/didn’t like it.
7. LOTUS-WRAPPED STICKY RICE: A BOOK YOU’VE RECEIVED/GIVEN THAT WAS NICELY PACKAGED
I want to talk about Kindred Spirits, because the wonderfully sweet Kat send me a free copy, since she received like 50 of them, ahah. And she was so, so sweet sending it to me, with such a lovely card. I feel so lucky to meet people like her.
8. EGG CUSTARD TART: A BOOK THAT USES SIMPLE INGREDIENTS AND CLICHÉS BUT EXECUTES IT PERFECTLY
I’m thinking about one of my favorites from last year, Emmy & Oliver? I mean, best friends romance is kind of cliché, BUT it works. For me, at least. All the time.
9. MANGO PUDDING WITH EVAPORATED MILK: ANY BOOK RECOMMENDATION + BEVERAGE/SNACK THAT’S A WINNING COMBINATION
Is it bad if I want to go with the obvious and talk about Simon and oreos? Or Lara Jean and, well, CAKE and cookies? No? Okay, then.
10. FRIED SESAME BALLS: A BOOK WITH EMBOSSED TEXT/DESIGN YOU JUST LOVE TO RUN YOUR FINGERS OVER
I can’t choose. What do you mean, it’s not normal to PAT ALL OF OUR BOOKS FOREVER?
11. DIM SUM STEAM CART: THE TYPE OF CARRYING BAG YOU USE TO BRING BOOKS AROUND(TAKE A PICTURE)
I don’t use a particular type of bag… Should I take a picture of all of my bags? Because obviously, I’m taking a book everywhere with me, no matter where I’m going. #bookwormforever